Monday-Friday, 6:30 am – 3:00 pm, occasional/seasonal overtime. Drivers work all holidays that fall on weekdays, in all weather conditions.
Per Teamster contract – 2023 Wage range is $23.82 – $34.03
Health and Welfare (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, EAP), Pension and 401(k) Savings Plan
CDL license, physical exam, pre-employment drug test, background checks, and agility test. SSC also conducts a random drug and alcohol test program for all drivers. Applicants with a current CDL must also register online at FMCSA Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse.
- Driving commercial recycling collection trucks in both dense urban and dispersed rural settings: side loaders, front loaders, delivery, and rear-fork. All drivers cross train.
- Completing daily truck checks, pre and post trip inspections, maintaining fluid levels, safety paperwork, chain use in winter conditions, including putting on and taking off, account and route paperwork, interactions with SSC office staff, other company drivers, customers, and the public. Radio and cell phone communication.
- Residential drivers lift curbside recycling materials loose or in bins. Material lifted from ground to overhead into truck (7 feet above ground). Bins average 5-25 pounds each. Max. bin weight 35 pounds.
- Commercial drivers roll and push 60-gallon to 4-yard containers of material across often rough surfaces, attach to truck, and operate hydraulic lift systems.
- Dumping of loaded trucks at transfer stations. Includes moving across scale, frequent backing up, negotiating tight spaces, and seasonal darkness. Completing weight tickets and return paperwork to company.
- Provide outstanding customer service, including service options, troubleshooting, special service, etc. Includes dealing with difficult and upset customers at times.
- Participate in team approach to daily work. The crew strives to work cooperatively.
- Safety bonuses with no chargeable accidents or discipline.
- Traffic citations count against safety bonus. Under new federal rules, numerous personal vehicle citations also count toward possible CDL revocation.
SSC is a zero tolerance, drug free workplace.