Preparing Your FoodPlus!
Properly preparing your organic waste helps us safely and efficiently collect and deliver the highest quality compostables to Green Earth Technology. Please follow these guidelines to prepare your FoodPlus! Yardwaste.
- Fruit/Vegetable Scraps, Peels, Trimmings, Pits
- Spoiled/Outdated Foods
- Dairy Scraps (such as yogurt, cheese, sour cream, ice cream, milk)
- Paper Coffee Filters, Coffee Grounds, Tea Bags
- Leftovers / Table Scraps
- Dough Scraps (wrap or bag in PAPER)
- All Meat, Fish, Shellfish Scraps (including bones and shells).
Compostable Food-Soiled Products
- Pizza Boxes
- Paper Cartons
- Ice Cream Cartons
- Paper Deli/Take-Out Cartons
- Napkins/Paper Towels/Tablecloths
- Paper Plates, Bowls, Cups
- Parchment/Waxed Paper
- Paper Bags
- Bakery Boxes / Paper Liners
- Wax-coated Cardboard Boxes
- Compostable Dishes/Utensils/To-Go Containers (Ex. Corn, Potato, Bamboo) Note: MUST say compostable. Biodegradable NOT accepted.
- Tissue Paper
- Small Wood Scraps
- Corks (real, not plastic)
- Grass Clippings
- Garden Trimmings/Weeds
- Brush/Branches (Max. 7″ diameter)
- Floral Trimmings, Houseplants
- Expired Floral Arrangements (Plant Material ONLY)
- Waxed Floral Paper
- Seasonal Greens (Pumpkins, Cornstalks, Hay, Gourds, Garlands, Wreaths, Swags, Etc.)
Bulky Material and Woody Debris
Bulky Material: Bulky material that will not fit in Toters® should be cut to 4′ (foot) lengths, tied in bundles (max. weight 50 lbs.) and set next to Toter®. Extra charges apply.
Woody Debris: For larger amounts of yard waste and/or woody debris like branches, brush more than 4′ (feet) long (max. 7″ (inches) diameter and 16′ (feet) long), contact us for options.
Sign Up for Service Alerts
Get real-time updates about weather events, collection schedule changes, and other updates that affect your SSC service.